DETAILS OF HOW TO BOOK ANY OF THE EVENTS BELOW WILL BE GIVEN EITHER ON THE BOOKING FORM (BOOKING FORMS PAGE) OR IN WI NEWS.
PLEASE READ THROUGH THE BOOKING INFORMATION CAREFULLY AND BEAR IN MIND THAT WHERE ZOOM EVENTS INVOLVE A DEMONSTRATION MEMBERS WILL BE SENT ANY NECESSARY MATERIALS BY POST. MAKE SURE WHEN YOU ARE BOOKING THAT YOU LEAVE ENOUGH TIME FOR DFWI TO GET YOUR PACKAGE TO YOU.
PLEASE ALSO BE AWARE THAT ANY LINK PROVIDED TO YOUR FOR ANY ZOOM EVENT IS FOR YOUR PERSONAL USE ONLY, NOT TO BE SHARED WITH ANY OTHER PARTY.
To book an event, please send a cheque payable to DFWI Ltd, together with a correctly stamped addressed envelope
to County House, 18 Crown Street West, Poundbury, Dorset DT1 3DW, or ring the office to make a BACS payment.
For any further enquiries please email email@example.com.
Booking Forms can be found on the back of WI News, on the "Booking Forms" page on the website,
or apply to County House.
Without sounding obvious, the "Closing Date" given against events refers to the application closing date.
The Events Committee welcomes ideas from all members and would be delighted to look into any suggestions they may receive. Please send any suggestions to :
Events Committee, DFWI, County House, 18 Crown Street West, Poundbury, Dorset DT1 3DW.
To save scrolling right through ,click on the month you are interested in below to take you to that month's events. If a month doesn't show in the list below there is nothing currently planned for that month.
Events In The Pipeline
DURING THE CURRENT SITUATION PLEASE SEE ADDITIONAL COMMENTS
AGAINST EVENTS CONCERNING CANCELLATIONS, CHANGES, ETC.
YOUR UNDERSTANDING IS APPRECIATED AND ANY MORE IN DEPTH INFORMATION
WILL BE POSTED ON THE URGENT NOTICES PAGE.
Fri, 7 to Sun, 9 - DFWI Denman Weekend. Booking Form can be downloaded from the Booking Forms page. For available courses and full details, including costs, please click on the following link : Denman 2021 Course Information
This event will no longer take place.
- Thu, 13 - Members Meet and Chat session on Zoom, 7.00pm. If you would like to participate please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thu, 20 - DFWI ramble at Duncliffe Woods, near Shaftesbury. Meet at the car park for the woods at 10.30am. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to participate to enable a Track and Trace list to be compiled.
- Wed, 26 May - Members Meet and Chat session on Zoom, 2.00pm. If you would like to participate please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tue, 8 - Chavenage House. WI members who booked for 2020 will have priority for this visit.
Due to the ongoing situation with Covid-19 the Events Committee have taken the decision to postpone the trip to Chavenage House until 2022.
- Tue, 8 - NFWI Annual Meeting, Royal Albert Hall, London. More information will be available in the coming weeks / months. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS EVENT IS CURRENTLY UNDER REVIEW.
- Tue, 15 - DFWI ramble at Bowleaze Cove. Meet at the entrance to the Riviera Hotel at 10.30am. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to participate to enable a Track and Trace list to be compiled.
- Mon, 5 - NHS, Social Care and Frontline Workers Day. Afternoon Tea Time. See page 8 of DFWI News, April edition.
- Mon, 2 to Thu, 5 - DFWI Summer Holiday to the International Gilbert and Sullivan Festival, Buxton, Peak District. The opera will be The Mikado. Further information and booking form now available on the Booking Forms page. Closing date : Friday, 28 May.
- Mon, 9 - Big Canoe Trip, Poole area, 10.00am to 1.00pm. Further details and booking form on the Booking Forms page. Please register your interest and make payment on or by 31 May 2021.
- Thu, 21 - DFWI Annual Meeting, The Lighthouse, Poole. Speakers : Amanda Owen, 'The Yorkshire Shepherdess', and Dr Annie Grey. Plus Parade of Banners.
- Wed, 8 - Floral Extravaganza, Allendale Hall, Wimborne.
IN THE PIPELINE
- Afternoon Tea, Athelhampton House, Summer 2021
- Blenheim Palace - Hope to arrange this for Autumn 2021.
- Golf Croquet - Winterborne Valley Croquet Club (formerly Kingston Maurward CC (Date August TBC)
- Paddle Boarding at Poole Park
- Rose Garden at Litton Cheney
- Quiz Final - Moreton Village Hall (Date TBC)