DETAILS OF HOW TO BOOK ANY OF THE EVENTS BELOW WILL BE GIVEN EITHER ON THE BOOKING FORM (BOOKING FORMS PAGE) OR IN WI NEWS.
To book an event, please send a cheque payable to DFWI Ltd, together with a correctly stamped addressed envelope
to County House, 18 Crown Street West, Poundbury, Dorset DT1 3DW.
For any further enquiries please email email@example.com.
Booking Forms can be found on the back of WI News, on the "Booking Forms" page on the website,
or apply to County House.
Without sounding obvious, the "Closing Date" given against events refers to the application closing date.
The Events Committee welcomes ideas from all members and would be delighted to look into any suggestions they may receive. Please send any suggestions to :
Events Committee, DFWI, County House, 18 Crown Street West, Poundbury, Dorset DT1 3DW.
To save scrolling right through ,click on the month you are interested in below to take you to that month's events. If a month doesn't show in the list below there is nothing currently planned for that month.
Events In The Pipeline
DURING THE CURRENT SITUATION PLEASE SEE ADDITIONAL COMMENTS
AGAINST EVENTS CONCERNING CANCELLATIONS. YOUR
UNDERSTANDING IS APPRECIATED AND ANY MORE IN DEPTH INFORMATION
WILL BE POSTED ON THE URGENT NOTICES PAGE.
SKITTLES LEAGUE 2020 / 21 THIS YEAR'S LEAGUE HAS NOW BEEN CANCELLED. FURTHER DETAILS WILL FOLLOW AT A LATER DATE.
2020 QUIZ QUESTIONS ARE NOW AVAILABLE TO BE POSTED OUT TO WIs. PLEASE SEND YOUR REQUEST, TOGETHER WITH A PAYMENT OF £6.50 (THIS COVERS HOWEVER MANY TEAMS YOU MAY WISH TO ENTER) AND PLEASE ALSO SEND A LARGE STAMPED ADDRESSED ENVELOPE
Sat, 7 - Xmas Crafts, Carey Hall.This event is now cancelled. Wed, 18 - Slimbridge Wetland Centre. To arrive at 12 noon and depart approximately 5.30pm.This event is now cancelled.
- Mon, 16 - Resolution Shortlisted Zoom Meeting, 2.00pm - 4.00pm. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, WI and email contact if you would like to join the meeting.
- Sat, 21 - Zoom event : Japanese Celebration Ikebana, 10.30am - 12.00pm. Full details in November issue of WI News and booking form available on the Booking Forms page.
Thu, 3 - Longleat Lights.This event is now cancelled.
- Sat, 5 - Zoom event : Wreath Workshop, 10.30am - 12.30pm. This event is reinstated as a Zoom workshop. See Booking Forms page for booking form and details. Full details in November issue of WI News.
Wed, 9 - Christmas Themed Floral Extravaganza, Allendale Community Centre, Wimborne, 2.00pm. Closing date : Wednesday, 11 November.This event is now cancelled but has been rebooked for 8 December 2021.
- Mon, 19 - NFWI Annual Meeting, Royal Albert Hall, London.
Fri, 7 to Sun, 9 - DFWI Denman Weekend. Booking Form can be downloaded from the Booking Forms page. For available courses and full details, including costs, please click on the following link : Denman 2021 Course Information
This event will no longer take place.
- Tue, 8 - Chavenage House. WI members who booked for 2020 will have priority for this visit.
EVENTS IN THE PIPELINE
- Blenheim Palace - Hope to arrange this for Autumn 2021.
- Floral Extravaganza, Allendale Hall, Wimborne - Wednesday, 8 December 2021
- Golf Croquet - Winterborne Valley Croquet Club (formerly Kingston Maurward CC (Date August TBC)
- Paddle Boarding at Poole Park
- Rose Garden at Litton Cheney
- Quiz Final - Moreton Village Hall (Date TBC)