DETAILS OF HOW TO BOOK ANY OF THE EVENTS BELOW WILL BE GIVEN EITHER ON THE BOOKING FORM (BOOKING FORMS PAGE) OR IN WI NEWS.
To book an event, please send a cheque payable to DFWI Ltd, together with a correctly stamped addressed envelope
to County House, 18 Crown Street West, Poundbury, Dorset DT1 3DW.
For any further enquiries please email email@example.com.
Booking Forms can be found on the back of WI News, on the "Booking Forms" page on the website,
or apply to County House.
Without sounding obvious, the "Closing Date" given against events refers to the application closing date.
The Events Committee welcomes ideas from all members and would be delighted to look into any suggestions they may receive. Please send any suggestions to :
Events Committee, DFWI, County House, 18 Crown Street West, Poundbury, Dorset DT1 3DW.
To save scrolling right through ,click on the month you are interested in below to take you to that month's events. If a month doesn't show in the list below there is nothing currently planned for that month.
Events In The Pipeline
DURING THE CURRENT SITUATION PLEASE SEE ADDITIONAL COMMENTS
AGAINST EVENTS CONCERNING CANCELLATIONS. YOUR
UNDERSTANDING IS APPRECIATED AND ANY MORE IN DEPTH INFORMATION
WILL BE POSTED ON THE URGENT NOTICES PAGE.
SKITTLES LEAGUE 2020 / 21 THIS YEAR'S LEAGUE HAS NOW BEEN CANCELLED. FURTHER DETAILS WILL FOLLOW AT A LATER DATE.
2020 QUIZ QUESTIONS ARE NOW AVAILABLE TO BE POSTED OUT TO WIs. PLEASE SEND YOUR REQUEST, TOGETHER WITH A PAYMENT OF £6.50 (THIS COVERS HOWEVER MANY TEAMS YOU MAY WISH TO ENTER) AND PLEASE ALSO SEND A LARGE STAMPED ADDRESSED ENVELOPE
- Mon, 18 -
DFWI Event. Ramble at Bowleaze Cove. Meet at the entrance to the Riviera Hotel 11.00am. Full details on page 8 of December / January WI News but please make sure you let the organiser know if you intend going so she can make up a Track and Trace list.PLEASE NOT THIS EVENT HAS HAD TO BE CANCELLED DUE TO GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES.
- Thu, 28 - Zoom Event. Pearls of Wisdom by Frances Carlow, 'The Pearl Lady'. Full information on page 7 of December / January WI News. Please make sure you get in touch with Diane at County Office this week (w/c 18 January) if you are interested in participating in this fascinating talk. Frances never fails to entertain as well as educate.
- Thu, 4 - Zoom Event - 2.00pm - 3.30pm, WI Advisers will be available to offer support, answer any queries and exchange ideas. If you wish to join with your cup of tea, or glass of wine, contact Diane at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Zoom password will be sent to you nearer the time. A second session is available on Wednesday, 10 February 7.00pm -8.30pm for those interested who are unable to make the 4th.
- Wed, 10 - Zoom Event - 7.00pm - 8.30pm, WI Advisers will be available to offer support, answer any queries and exchange ideas. If you wish to join with your cup of tea, or glass of wine, contact Diane at email@example.com and a Zoom password will be sent to you nearer the time. A second session is available on Wednesday, 10 February 7.00pm -8.30pm for those interested who are unable to make the 4th.
- Mon, 19 - NFWI Annual Meeting, Royal Albert Hall, London.
Fri, 7 to Sun, 9 - DFWI Denman Weekend. Booking Form can be downloaded from the Booking Forms page. For available courses and full details, including costs, please click on the following link : Denman 2021 Course Information
This event will no longer take place.
- Tue, 8 - Chavenage House. WI members who booked for 2020 will have priority for this visit.
- Mon, 2 to Thu, 5 - DFWI Summer Holiday to the International Gilbert and Sullivan Festival, Buxton, Peak District. See December / January issue of WI News, page 6, for full details. Closing date : Fri, 30 April.
- Thu, 21 - DFWI Annual Meeting, The Lighthouse, Poole. Speakers : Amanda Owen, 'The Yorkshire Shepherdess', and Dr Annie Grey. Plus Parade of Banners.
IN THE PIPELINE
- Blenheim Palace - Hope to arrange this for Autumn 2021.
- Floral Extravaganza, Allendale Hall, Wimborne - Wednesday, 8 December 2021
- Golf Croquet - Winterborne Valley Croquet Club (formerly Kingston Maurward CC (Date August TBC)
- Paddle Boarding at Poole Park
- Rose Garden at Litton Cheney
- Quiz Final - Moreton Village Hall (Date TBC)